BBQ Peri-Peri chicken (Nando's recipe)


BBQ Peri Peri Chicken (Nando's recipe) cooked in two ways! On the barbecue or in the oven! The choice is yours.
This simple version of Nando's Perry-Perry Chicken can stay on your desk for up to an hour.


You know how much I love the fake-away. I like to re-create my restaurants and roadside favourites, provide them with a very simple way and generally keep them healthy in the process.

I've been wanting to make my own version of Nando's Peri-Peri Chicken for a while now, but I've only gotten close to it.

Not only is this Nando's copy cut great, but doesn't it also seem like a show-stopper? And I'll tell you a little secret; it's really, really easy.

Just combine some simple spices, press on top of the chicken, put the chicken in the oven to cook it for the 10-12 minutes.

This can easily be done within an hour and make a great Saturday night party; in fact, it's so easy that you can even make it midweek.

And of course, this Peri Peri chicken is cheaper than eating at a restaurant and I promise you, your taste buds won't be disappointed.

I found 2 teaspoons of chilli flakes in my marination which was perfect for mild to moderate heat, while still being kept by family friends. But feel free to adjust the pepper level to your liking.

Depending on how much time you can give the chicken a quick 5 minutes in the marinade while the oven heats up, refrigerate for an hour or, if you have time, you can refrigerate the chicken at night. Or I can press overnight. It tastes good with just a few minutes of fast marinating time but even better if you have a long time.




Peri-Peri Chicken

This simple version of Nando's Perry-Perry Chicken can stay on your desk for up to an hour.

Course: Main Course, traybake
Food: African, Portuguese
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
Total time: 50 minutes
Serving: 3 persons

Ingredients


Peri-Peri Chicken
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 teaspoons pepper flakes (or to taste)
4 cloves garlic crushed or chopped
2 lime juice
2 tablespoons paprika smoked
2 tablespoons oregano
spoon salt (or flavour)
Pepper to taste.